Theatre Pipe Organ Brands Owned or Maintained by GSTOS
GSTOS owns five Theatre Pipe Organs (Three Wurlitzers, One Robert-Morton and a Kilgen) and maintains a total of eight (Including a Möller, a Griffith-Beach and a fourth Wurlitzer). In addition, a number of our members have pipe or electronic theatre organs in their homes.
Everything you always wanted to know about theatre pipe organs but were afraid to ask!
Adapted from a series of articles in “Pedals and Pipes”,
the newsletter of the Garden State Theatre Organ Society, Inc., 2006-2013
Click on the links below to view each topic.
- What is a Theatre Organ?
- Theatre Organ Parts - The Organ Console
- Theatre Organ Parts – In the Organ Chambers
- Instrument Descriptions / Terminology
- Introducing the Relay – The “Brain” of the Theatre Pipe Organ
- By the Numbers – The Mathematics of Pipes in a Rank
- Mutation Stops
- Celeste Stops / Ranks
- What Makes the Theatre Pipe Organ Unique?
- Manuals and Couplers on a Theatre Pipe Organ
- Second Touch
- The Confusing World of Pipe Organ Percussions
- Deagan Tuned Percussions
- Tonal Finishing
- Pipe Scaling
- Theatre Organ Manufacturers
- Organ Blowers
- Organ in the Lexicon, Credits
- Playing Differences: Theatre Organ vs Classical/Church Organ