Theatre Organ Links
In New Jersey or Local Intererst
- Asbury Park Convention Hall & Paramount Theatre
- Brook Arts Center = Somerset County Cultural Arts Center = Brook Theatre
of Loew's Jersey
- Volunteer organization restoring Loew's Jersey City Theatre
- Santa Barbara Theatre Organ Society: Robert-Morton (originally in Loew's Jersey)
- Wonder Morton in Santa Barbara (originally in Loew's Jersey)
- Christ United Church (Loew's 175th) Location of the last remaining Wonder Morton in its original home.
- Wheaton Fox - Paul Van Der Molen's Robert-Morton organ with the console from Loew's Kings.
- Loew's Valencia Wonder Morton to be installed in the Balboa Theatre in San Diego.
- Ramapo Fiilm Festival - Lafayette Theatre, Suffern, NY
- Newark Symphony Hall
- Northlandz - Model Train Museum & 5/39 Hybrid Theatre Organ
- Park Performing Arts Center
- Trenton War Memorial
- Union County Arts Center - Rahway, NJ
- Asbury Park, Then and Now - Information about Asbury Park Convention Hall, home to the Kilgen theatre pipe organ
- Organ Historical Society Archives - Princeton, NJ
- St. George Theatre -Staten Island, NY
Theatre Organ Groups Around NJ
Listed in order of distance from GSTOS
- New York Theatre Organ Society
- Theatre Organ Society of the Delaware Valley
- Dickinson Theatre Organ Society
- Friends of the Wanamaker Organ
- Susquehanna Valley Theatre Organ Society
- Atlantic City
- ESTMIM - Empire State Theatre & Musical Instrument Museum
- Rochester Theatre Organ Society
- Rome Grand Theatre Organ Society
- EMCATOS - Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society
- Buffalo Area Chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society
Home Page - everything you ever wanted to know about theatre organ
- American Theatre Organ Society
- American Organ Institute Archives & Library - "The mission of the American Organ Institute Archives & Library (AOIAL) is to support and strengthen pipe organ scholarship, performance, technical skill, creativity, and craftsmanship by providing collections, services, and environments that enhance intellectual discovery and growth for the American Organ Institute, College of Fine Arts, Univeristy of Oklahoma community and all those who support preserving the musical heritage of the 'King of Insturments'.”
- Cinema Organ Society
- Northwest Pipe and Electronic Organs
- theatreorgan-l A Listserver for theatre organ fans !
- piporg-l Pipe Organ Web Pages and Listserver
Dictionary of Organists, Composers for Organ and Organ
- organfocus.com - "The source for pipe organ music events, concerts and recitals worldwide. Also essays, organ performance reviews and recommended music. Free to use."
- Yahoo Groups - Theatre Organ Soundfonts - "A group for anyone interested in building or using soundfont recreations of theatre organs."
- Yahoo Groups - theatre-organs · "discussion of 20th Century 'theatre-organs' "
- Yahoo Groups - TheatrePipeOrganPicPost · Theatre Pipe Organ Pic Post - " Here's the opportunity to post pictures that will interest those interested in the care and upkeep of Theatre Pipe Organs. We welcome "tech" pictures and discussion on all aspects of the interest."
- Many Other Organ Links Here
- The Virtual Radiogram - "The purpose of The Virtual Radiogram is to enable those interested in the history of theatre organs and organists to explore the sounds of what might be described as the "Golden Age" of the theatre organ, worldwide, and to experience the sounds of virtually new and "untouched" organs by a variety of builders. You will also be able to gain insight into the playing skills and techniques of organists of the past."
- What sound is that ? Buddy Cole demonstrates the various ranks, percussions and effects of his 3/27 studio organ:
- American Institute of Organbuilders - They have a good online technical database. Professional association of organbuilders.
- A. PHILIP LYONS, JR. MEMORIAL THEATRE ORGAN KNOWLEDGE BASE - Technical and other theatre organ articles
- Associated Pipe Organ Builders of America - "The Highest Standards of Integrity and Quality in Pipe Organ Building"
- Tech articles about pipe organs and electronic instruments - "This website outlines research carried out by Dr Colin Pykett in the field of pipe and electronic organs, and offers on-line advice."
- Mechanical Music Digest (MMD) Technical Library - Includes technical articles applicable to theatre pipe organs.
- Incorporated Society of Organ Builders
- The Pipe Organ Education Project by Marya J. Fancey
- Institute for Pipe Organ Research and Education - "IPORE is a non-profit corporation organized for educational, cultural and scientific purposes relating to the pipe organ, its construction, history, literature, and music."
- About Pipes
- Vincent Rioux's - "research focuses on "voicing techniques" of flue organ pipes. This art deals with fine adjustments of the timbre of organ pipes. It thus involves high expertise on sound quality. Our goal is to study several technical points which are still not completely elucitated whithin the organ-building community."
- Flue Pipe Acoustics - The Physics behind the Sound of Organ Pipes, Whistles and Flutes by Richard J. Weisenberge
- Haskell Pipes
- Organ Reed Pipe Tongue Dimensions
- PIPEMAKING David Smit Metal Pipes — Part I: Metallurgy l
- Organ Pipe Metallurgy a slide show Martha Dibblee
- Yahoo Groups - Pipe Organ Voicers -"This venue is dedicated to pipe organ voicers, finishers, and techs world wide. It is our hope that we will be able to communicate our thoughts, experiences, and questions openly."
- Some Thoughts on Tibia Clausas by Al Sefl ©reserved 2002
- Encyclopedia of Organ Stops - "The world's most complete encyclopedia of organ stops!"
- Osiris Organ Stoplist Archive—Web Page at wu-wien.ac.at
- Database of theatre organ stop lists
- Wurlitzer Ranks List Compiled by Al Sefl
- Estey Pipe Organ Virtual Museum
- Homage to Robert Hope-Jones The Creator of the Theatre Organ
Of A Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ Photos of the restoration
of a Wurlitzer Style 150, 2-Manual 5-Rank Theatre Organ.
- Organ History - Good explanations of classical pipe organs. Many concepts apply to theatre organs as well.
- Research carried out by Dr Colin Pykett in the field of pipe and electronic organs, and offers on-line advice.
- Arndt Organ Supply Company - AOSC is a company which specializes in quality-built products for church and theater pipe organs.
- Organ Supply Industries - Manufacturer and distributor of pipe organ components.
- A.R. Schopp's Sons, Inc.- "is the largest supplier of organ pipes in the United States today. The company has been in business for a hundred and three years, and four generations of the Schopp family have been involved in its operation."
- Broome & Co. - "The mission of the company is to provide high quality restoration, voicing, and pipe repair services to the pipe organ community. Broome & Co. restores reeds for some of the finest restorers in the country."
- Aug. Laukhuff GmbH & Co. - Orgelteile & Orgelbau "We supply organbuilding firms worldwide. Many parts are custom made, not only bellows, consoles, pipes etc., but also complete instruments. As a speciality we manufacture keyboards for all keyboard instruments."
- Weiblen-Spezialwerkzeuge - German supplier of specialized tools for organbuilders. Leather Supply House is the United States representative for Weiblen (see next link below)
- The Leather Supply House - Leather Supplies and Musical Instrument Leather. "Provides the highest quality hand selected leathers used in the building and restoration of fine pipe organs, mechanical musical machines, orchestrions, band organs, and clocks." Mike Madeira, Leather Supply House, 345 Hazel Avenue, Garwood, NJ 07027 USA, tel.: 1-908-389-1000, fax: 1-908-789-0647. Postal mail, fax, or telephone.
- Columbia Organ Leathers - "Provides only high quality, Chrome (Cr2O3) Tanned leathers for use in the construction and restoration of Pipe Organs and other musical instruments. We do not provide vegetable or alum tanned leathers, as these have been shown to deteriorate much more quickly than full chrome tanned skins."
- Klann Organ Supply Co.
- Musical Instrument Technicians Association - organ parts for both electronic and pipe organs
- The Spencer Turbine Co.
- Wicks Organ Company
- Organ Builders Directory
- The Piano World
- Allen Miller & Associates Z-tronics combination action and relay systems.
- Uniflex Relay Systems
- Artisan Instruments, Inc.
- OPUS-TWO Instrument Control System
- Musicon USA - Site for the American Distributor in Martha, OK
- Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc.
- Solid State Organ Systems
- Syndyne Corporation - Manufacturer of products for Pipe Organs and Electronic Organs
- HESCO Incorporated theatre organ and classical stop engraving services
- Restoration Documentation - An illustrated lecture outlining the techniques and philosophy of documentation and assessment.
- Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute - CARING FOR MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- International Committee of Musical Instrument Museums and Collections - CIMCIM aims to promote high professional standards in the use and conservation of musical instruments in museums and collections.
- Google Directory of Pipe Organ Builders
- Theatre Pipe Organ Restoration - Carlton Smith and Clark Wilson
- Eastern Organ Pipes, Inc. - A complete pipe making and repair facility in Hagerstown, Maryland.
- SouthEastern Felt & Supply 2870 Armentrout Drive P.O. Box 1368 Concord, NC 28026-1368 1-800-438-2252 Fax: 704-782-7410
- McMasters-Carr catalog
- Pipe Organ Percussions - Don Shaw has a library of Percussions, Traps and Effects that has grown to include over 50 different actions and instruments.
- Lark In The Morning - For a really wild toy counter !!! A musician's service that specializes in hard to find musical instruments, unique selection of folk, ethnic, eclectic and unusual musical instruments.
- Mass Rowe Chimes - chimes with electric solenoid strikers
- Walker Digital Unit Orchestra
- www.ragtimewest.com - "Player piano and nickelodeons, carousel organs, bandorgans, calliopes, preassembled kits or ready to play. Player piano and nickelodeon conversion kits for any piano. Player piano rolls for orchestrions."
- MIDI Gadgets Boutique
- Miditzer - "This program puts a virtual WurliTzer Style 216 2/10 Theatre Pipe Organ on your Windows desktop."
- Virtual Theatre Organ -
- theatre-sf · Theatre Organ Soundfonts "A group for anyone interested in building or using soundfont recreations of theatre organs."
- Bruce Miles - Cinama Organ SoundFont
- Owen Jones' converted Conn 651 theatre organ
Music and Kids
- Pipe Organ Encounters - American Guild of Organists events that introduces teenagers and young adults to the world of the pipe organ.
- American Theatre Organ Society student scholarships
- Young Person's Guide to the Pipe Organ
- Introduction to the King of Instruments The Pipe Organ by Marya J. Fancey
- Pipe Organs - "No, you won’t find kidneys, lungs or spleens; this is about organs with keyboards, most particularly windblown pipe organs of the classical or church variety"
- A Young Person's Guide to the Pipe Organ
- From The Top - "At From the Top, we celebrate kids who've shown commitment to music and the arts. Through our nationally broadcast radio show, our in-school programs and our website, we strive to give dedicated young classical musicians a platform to express themselves and inspire others."
- FirstGov for Kids - Links to kids music resources online.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra - "Doorway to a world of musical fun and learning for students, parents and teachers!"
- PBS Jazz Kids
- Fun with Music - San Fransisco Symphony Kids
- Children's Music Web
- "The Music Achievement Council was formed in 1983 for the express purpose of promoting instrumental music in our schools. The council produces non-commercial materials for use by band and orchestra directors to help improve the recruiting and retention of instrumental music students."
- Lester S. Levy Online Collection of Public Domain Music at Johns Hopkins University
- I hear America singing -Song of America - Performing Arts Encyclopedia - Library of Congress
- Duke University Public Domain Music Online
- ORGAN1st Mail-Order Organ CDs & Books
- Organ Historical Society Music and Book Catalog
- Organ Historical Society
- Theatre Historical Society of America
Theatre Organ Radio Shows
- Hot Pipes! - Steve Ashley presents this one hour per week show of theatre pipe recordings, including some tracks from his archives. The shows are archived in mp3 format for listening or downloading and are also available as a podcast.
from Perth, Western Australia
Friday 10 - 11 PM Eastern Time
Saturday morning from 10.00 a.m. until 11.00 a.m. Perth Time
- Theatre Organ Stars round the clock theatre organ music
Organist Entertains" (click on TOE) Nigel Ogden presents a
programme of classics, standards and popular organ recordings. From the
BBC, is available to stream any time during the week, after the
- Theatre Organ Replay or this one - "An attempt to make available to the Public as much of the Archive of Classic Theatre Organ Recordings as is possible. I am working my way through a personal archive of over 300 Records and Tapes, these are being "Cleaned Up" and re-mastered to remove "Pop's", "Clicks" and "Surface Noise" using the latest software techniques."
- Ron Musselman's "Pipe Organ Showtime" station KFCF in Fresno, Fourth Sunday of each month. There are 20+ years of programs! 7:00 p.m. Pacific, 9:00 p.m. central, and 10:00 p.m. eastern.
- "Pipes 'n Pizzazz" featuring keyboard music of the organ variety. That is: heavy on the TO, but also synthesizers, "toasters", classical organ, generally music that is light and fun. WVKR, 91.3FM Vassar college, Independent radio. Monday 11- 12 noon EST
- John Shrubb's Theatre Organ Show -You may be aware that here in the UK we have a new Internet broadcaster Northern Broadcasting,John Shrubb does a weekly one hour organ show,John as asked me to do two shows per month that will be Included in his one hour show,the shows change every Tuesday. click on the link for John Shrubb,you can either listen to either MP3 or Real player. All the recordings on my show will be from my own collection, I will be Including recordings from the 1950's onwards,and will Include American,British and Australian theatre organists,the majority of recordings heard will never be released on CD.
- Wanamaker Organ Hour - The Wanamaker Organ Hour, airs on the first Sunday of each month, at 5 PM (EST). Listeners can tune into alive streaming audio over Internet radio at www.WRTI.ORG. Hosts are Peter Richard Conte, Wanamaker Grand Court Organist, and WRTI's Jill Pasternak.
- Pipedreams - The legendary pipe organ show by Michael Barone and American Public Media.
- Cinema Treasures devoted to movie theater preservation and awareness
- Kilduffs Movie Theatre Index Survey
- Big Screen Classics - "The weekly Big Screen Classics film series allows moviegoers the unique opportunity to experience classic films in the way they were meant to be seen: in the glory of 35mm on a huge movie screen."
- Live Cinema Calendar - Detailed Listings of Silent Motion Picture Screenings With Piano, Organ, Orchestral or Other Live Musical Accompaniment
- Silent Movies & Screenings
- Silent Era: The silent film website
- Welcome to Silent Movies - "Welcome to Silent Movies, the place for information on silent films, silent stars, and the movies of the silent era."
- Silver Screens
- Theatre Talks - Designed to serve as an introductory resource center for those interested in theatre history and also to introduce theatre historian Cezar Del Valle.
- Bijou Dream - American silent film and the early days of movie exhibition.
- Bijou - Links to cinema sites worldwide
- Vitaphone Project
Link Exchange Partners
GSTOS Past and Current Members
- Bernie Anderson
- Jelani Eddington
- Don Hansen
- David Harris
- Paul Jacyk
- Barry Lesher
- Jerry Mendelson
- Ashley Miller
- Jack Moelmann
- Ralph Ringstad
- Dave Schutt
- Wesley W. Stillwagon - Mantovani Fan Website
- Jinny Vanore
GSTOS, gives no endorsements for any products, materials or services mentioned on this web page and is not responsible for problems from their use or misuse. GSTOS does not make any warranty, expressed or implied; does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or process disclosed; nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. If any organizations or other pertinent information has been inadvertently excluded please contact GSTOS.